We encourage all attendees to plan on staying at the UCLA Conference Center as there are talks, possible breakout sessions, and social activities which will be scheduled in the evenings.
- Full cost: $799 (includes 2 nights stay at the conference center, all meals, activities and registration)
- Commuter cost to Retreat: $120 per day + $375 registration
- Laser Workshop cost: $397 (includes 1 night at the conference center, meals and registration)
- Commuter cost to Laser Workshop: $120 per day + $185 registration
Discounts for scholarships may be available for graduate students. For more retreat information email CfAO Director Claire Max, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The retreat will take place at the UCLA Conference Center, which is located in the beautiful alpine mountain setting at Lake Arrowhead, California. The center is located on the shore of the lake offering plenty of opportunity for strolls through the acres of wooded mountain grounds and along the lake.
Lodging at the Lake Arrowhead Center is on a first-come, first-served basis, so please register early if you want to stay onsite. If the Lake Arrowhead Center is full when you register, we will direct you to alternative lodging at nearby hotels. It is preferable for everyone to stay onsite to allow for more opportunities for information and exchange and collaboration.
Room Options and Rates
- The standard room accommodation, included in the package cost listed above, are very nice 2-bedroom, 2-bath apartments with a shared parlor and fireplace. Most have decks with views.
- Single-occupancy room and board rate is $235 per day. A very limited number of single-occupancy rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Non-participating spouse/partner room and board rate is $175 per day.
The main lodge of the Lake Arrowhead Center closes at midnight. If you plan to arrive at midnight, please e-mail the CfAO main office so we can make a note and provide you a room key.
Participants wishing to stay offsite
A limited number of participants may stay offsite, though you must purchase a three-meal package. Three wonderful meals are provided for $120 per day. Eating offsite is permitted, of course, but you will still be required to purchase the meal package. Cost for the three-meal package: $120
If the Lake Arrowhead Center is full or you would prefer to stay offsite, here are some suggested alternatives (reservations highly recommended):
Lake Arrowhead Resort
Fleur de Lac
For additional suggestions, please contact the Lake Arrowhead Chamber of Commerce.
A cancellation fee of 6% of the total credit card charge will be applied to all requested refunds. No refunds will be given starting October 15, 2014 because after that date, CfAO will still be charged the full cost of your room for the reserved number of days. Thank you for your understanding regarding this policy.
For more retreat information email email@example.com