Held on the beautiful University of California, Santa Cruz campus, this workshop provides professional instruction in the field of Adaptive Optics by speakers renowned for their contributions to this interdisciplinary field.
Appropriate for scientists, engineers, researchers, and technicians at the graduate level and above, this workshop combines lectures and hands-on, facilitated laboratory activities with working adaptive optics systems.
• Introduction to Adaptive Optics
• Geometric and Wave Optics
• Atmospheric Turbulence
• Adaptive Optics control theory
• Wavefront sensing and reconstruction
• Deformable mirror technology
• Instrumentation for Adaptive Optics systems
• Adaptive Optics system design
• Adaptive Optics system simulation
• Measuring AO system performance
• Applications of AO, including biology and astronomy