Held on the beautiful University of California, Santa Cruz campus, this workshop provides professional instruction in the field of Adaptive Optics by speakers renowned for their contributions to this interdisciplinary field. Appropriate for scientists, engineers, researchers, and technicians at the graduate level and above, this workshop combines lectures and hands-on laboratory activities covering the following topics:
* Introduction to adaptive optics
* Geometric and wave optics
* Wavefront sensing and reconstruction
* Deformable mirror technology
* Instrumentation for adaptive optics systems
* Adaptive optics system design and system simulation
* Adaptive optics control theory
* Measuring AO system performance
* Applications of AO, including biology and astronomy
Registration is Closed
Please contact the CfAO to be put on a waitlist. If a student drops, we will replace this student from someone on this list.
Waitlist attendees will be added on a first come, first served basis.
Fees & Other Details
General Fee Information
• $2,200 registration fee plus $725 Single or $650 double occupancy lodging for the week (includes meals).
• $650 fee for graduate students & postdoctoral fellows. Includes double occupancy lodging for the week. Single room: add $75.
• University of California faculty & staff discounts may apply. Please contact the CfAO for details.
There is a 10% service charge for processing refunds if the request is made before July 15, 2012. All registration fees will be forfeited for cancellations after July 15, 2012. Note: Substitution of a comparable participant is acceptable at any time.